TACKY WEDDING PROGRAMMES I CAN'T HELP BUT WATCH

Now I may not be getting married any time soon but working in the Wedding industry, I feel, gives me the right to watch Wedding theme...

Image result for friends wedding

Now I may not be getting married any time soon but working in the Wedding industry, I feel, gives me the right to watch Wedding themed shows right?! (At least that's what I tell me boyfriend) 

Anyways, now that Wedding season is fast approaching, Netflix and general television seems to be treating us to some right corker of bridal themed programmes that I can't help tune in to. It's addictive trust me ..

Image result for cheapest weddings netflix

"Cheapest Weddings" - Netflix 
Exactly as the title says, this programmes is about Brides trying to arrange their weddings as cheaply as they can whilst still having everything they've ever dreamed of. I've always thought it a little mad  when Brides go SUPER over budget so this show is something that's actually quite refreshing. It shows some beautiful weddings where the couple have managed to stay on budget but do be aware - it also highlights some horror stories about being more 'budget friendly'. There are some lessons to be learnt here. Addictive TV at it's best. 

Related image

"Say Yes to the Dress" - TLC 
Now if you don't know about Say Yes to the Dress then well .. have you been living under a rock? Set in the famous Kleinfield Bridal boutique in New York, this series follows Brides searching for their perfect dresses. It sounds pretty simple but its a great tacky Wedding watch. Some episodes are full of drama when family members disagree, some are full of madness like this one lady who bought herself, her sister, her MOTHER and two children all Wedding dresses (please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this weird right ..) and some are full of tears - following inspiring Brides who have fought through life's trials and tribulations to get have their perfect day. It's a must watch. 

Image result for dont tell the bride

"Don't tell the Bride" - Channel 4
Right now if you're from the UK you WILL have seen Don't Tell the Bride. Sometimes this show is very frustrating and sometimes it's just pure television gold. Think Brides having breakdowns about someone else choosing their dress and every other aspect of their day for them ... The Brides have had the control of organising their own weddings taken away from them and the reigns handed to the Groom - this makes for some hilarious episodes. The groom is given £12,000 to arrange a day he thinks his bride will love but we all know where this is going .. most of them don't actually stick to what she would want. You know it's TV gold when the USA and Australia have started to get in on the action.  It's a great tacky watch.

Image result for netflix bridal
(image from Black Mirror)
Unveiled - Netflix
Now this is a newer one to the scene and something I've only started watching in the last few days. It's not something I'd choose to tune into but it's a very interesting concept. Brides who are not happy with their bodies or their facial features get pretty drastic surgeries literally WEEKS and DAYS before their weddings. MADNESS. It does seem to only follow Australian couples at the moment but I kinda hope it's something that catches on. Think Extreme Makeover meets Bridal documentary.

What are your favourite Wedding themed shows to binge on? Let me know in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments