DRAG PHOTOGRAPHY | SASHA VELOUR'S NIGHTGOWNS

I love drag. It's no secret. Some people do look at me as a straight white hetero woman and wonder why/ how or feel that I don...



I love drag. It's no secret. Some people do look at me as a straight white hetero woman and wonder why/ how or feel that I don't belong in the community but the majority of the community welcome me with open arms and that's the beauty of drag. It creates a haven for all - straight, bi, lesbian, gay, female, male, gender fluid .. you name it and there's a space for it. 

I've had a soft spot for Sasha Velour from the moment she strutted into the workroom screaming out loud to the world on Season 9's Ru Pauls Drag Race. I can't describe the exact words for the reasons I love her but it basically comes down to her being an inspiration for not giving a shit and just to be yourselves in this world. Life's too short to 'fit in' and we should grab life by the balls and celebrate every ounce of who we are. I was privileged to get a ticket to Sasha's UK Debut of her show Nightgowns in London. It was a night full of beautiful art, comedy and just general love and acceptance. If you were there - you'd know what I'm trying to convey into words. It was the third time I got to see the beautiful queen perform and she still moved me to tears (literally!) I didn't go with the intention of capturing the night in an image but I managed to push past the tears and get some images that I will treasure for a lifetime. 

Sasha herself shared one of the images on her Insta Stories and my life literally blew up in colour. The wonderful Joe Black also shared some of my images and it just means the world that people appreciate my art as I appreciate theirs. So here's to painting the world with all the colours from the crayon box.





Copyright belongs to Chloe Mary Photography. If you wish to use any of the above images, please contact me at chloemarydavis@gmail.com or via chloemaryphotography.co.uk. Un credited images/ removing watermarks or posting the following images without permission will be followed by legal proceedings and are subject to chargeable feels. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments