EMMIE MAY'S CHRISTENING 25/02/18

So before this weekends attack of The Beast from The East, I got to shoot the gorgeous christening of Emmie May. Now christenings aren&#...


So before this weekends attack of The Beast from The East, I got to shoot the gorgeous christening of Emmie May. Now christenings aren't something offer often and I really only started out shooting them when I captured a friend of a friend's little boys christening (pretty much how my photography career started out!) So when I was approached to shoot Emmie May's christening - I was quite upfront about how I hadn't shot many but I was ready for the challenge once again. They are very similar to weddings (in a way) so my skills are easily transferred into shooting them. I love that they're a mix of some posed family shots and the natural/ documentary style I love to shoot so much. 

This is only a small selection from the day but I have to say I was thoroughly impressed with how the photos came out. My Canon 5d Mark IV and 50mm f1.4 lens helped me manage the low lighting situation in the church and a small flashgun helped to capture the indoor darkness of the after party. I have one very happy client and I've come away learning a few tips and ideas that I can hopefully apply to my next Christening booking. The only thing I do find difficult with Christenings and this is something for future clients to bare in mind, is the vicar/ ministers are not keen on you taking photos during the actual baptism. I do find it's however on a case by case basis. I've had some ministers say yes, some say no. Most are happy to do a 'posed' situation after but only if time allows and sadly in this case - we weren't able to recreate the scene. I do think it's something all clients who want to capture their little one's christening should be aware of before booking a professional photographer. We are more than happy to work around the situation but sadly it can be a shot you won't get captured. 

If you're interested in hiring me for your little one's christening - please do contact me for a bespoke quotation at www.chloemaryphotography.co.uk or send me an email chloemarydavis@gmail.com. Quotes are given on an hourly basis and include all photography from the day captured on a presented USB stick. 


*A contract is signed with the client to ensure they are happy for images to be shared from their event. Contracts can be amended to include limited use of images however on this basis, the client is happy for the images to be shared. I have however limited the use of images due to the nature of the shoot. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments